There are quite sometimes when we feel the need to hide an app from getting accessed by someone, be it children, friends or family. But on a jailbroken iPhone performing this isn’t a tedious task, as compared to a non-jailbroken iPhone.
There are several ways that show you how you can hide unwanted apps from your iPhone home screen. There are guides available online on almost every other tech blog explaining the same. But those are dependent on a bug or a glitch in iOS that sooner or later will be rectified with consecutive software updates. So that makes it a temporary solution of hiding apps on your iPhone. So, without going deeper into that temporary solution, we’ll now tell you how you can hide your apps from your iPhone permanently!
What all you’ll need?
You can perform this trick by yourself; your iPhone must run on iOS 9.0 or a later version.
The word hidden means that you won’t be able to find it on your iPhone anymore. You’ll not be able to either the spotlight search for searching that app, nor it’ll appear on the home screen. In simpler words, we will not uninstall the app, we’ll be going to hide the app only. The app still exists on your iPhone, and it can be accessed by performing the reverse steps of what you’ll do while you hide the app.
Remember that, not every application on your iPhone is capable of getting hidden. Here is a list of applications that you can hide via this method.
- iTunes Store
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Look for General and then go to Restrictions.
- You’ll see several apps listed there, all you need to do is change the restriction property of the app that you want to be hidden.
- You need to toggle the restriction button to turn it on.
- After performing this step, you’ll be asked to put in your “Restriction Code” if you’ve the code already, or it’ll ask you to create one. Keep the code remembered so that you can, later on, turn this off so that you can access the hidden app once again.
- Remember, if in any case you forget your Restriction Code, you’ll have to reset your iPhone to use that hidden app.
You can also restrict certain services that are listed in the Restriction Toggle menu. Now press the Home button. You’ll be taken to the home screen of your iPhone. Poof! Gone! The app that you wanted to hide now vanishes. Try searching the app via the Spotlight Search. You’ll not be able to find the app via Spotlight Search. Of course, you can revert the app availability to normal again by turning off the restrictions for the app by going in the reverse order.