Today, Apple has released the third beta version of iOS 10 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch to developers for testing purposes.
iOS 10 beta 3 brings new features and changes including redesigned Apple Music and News apps, the first Home app for HomeKit, Lock screen and Home screen for widgets, many features in Messages, and much more.
Here are new features and changes of iOS 10 beta 3:
- Tweak HomeKit icon, ‘Accessories’ is no longer shortened.
- Apple Music: Downloaded Music replaces Downloads, is now optional again
- Keyboard Click and Lock sounds from iOS 10 beta 1 have been brought back
- Users can now choose to share Activity data with Apple
- Text tag lines appear below each video in Health app
- Add a new section: ‘App Support’ in Siri settings
- ‘Rest Finger to Open’ option in Accessibility is now working more reliably
- The bug of replying to Messages from Lock screen has been resolved, add new Dismiss dialog when pulling down alerts
- Feedback when iPhone is manually locked
- The image picker in Messages app no longer crops photos for square to preview, easier to discern
- 3D Touch over a third-party app shows the app’s name
- HomeKit setting now lists which devices act as hubs
How to install iOS 10 beta 3
iOS 10 beta 3 brings more new changes, as well as performance improvements than the second beta. If you want to experience iOS 10 beta 3, follow instructions below to install the latest iOS version on your devices.
- Update via OTA
- On your device, launch Safari, then open this link.
- Download the profile for your device by tapping Download Now
- When displaying a message “on which device would you like to install this profile?”, tap to select your model: iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch.
- Tap ‘Install’ button. After installing the profile, the device will reboot.
- On your iOS device, launch Safari browser, then open this link.
- Download the profile for your device by tapping the Download Now button
- If appearing “on which device would you like to install this profile?” notification, select your model: iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch.
- Tap ‘Install’ button. After installing the profile, your device will reboot.
- Once rebooted, open Settings app, head to General > Software Update and you will see the iOS 10 Developer Beta 3
- Just click Download and Install and wait until the process is done.
- Update via iTunes
Step 1: To download iOS 10 beta 3, first you need to enroll into Apple Developer Program at https://developer.apple.com/programs/. If you have already registered, skip to Step 2.
Step 2: Use your Apple ID to login Account section of Apple Developer Program at https://developer.apple.com/account/.
Step 3: Sign up your UDID with Apple for the iOS device you want to install the beta. To find the UDID, plug your device into iTunes, select it, and then click the serial number to see the UDID number. Using ctrl+c on Windows, or command+c on Mac to copy it
Step 4: From the main Account section, Choose Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
Click All, from Devices section in the left panel.
From right panel, click “+”, then paste the UDID.
Step 5: After the UDID has been added, go to the Resources > iOS > Download. You can find this page directly at https://developer.apple.com/download/.
Now, choose your device to download the iOS 10 beta 3 firmware.
If you are not able to register Apple Developer Account, you can download the available firmware, links download .IPSW file below:
Step 6: Once downloaded, open iTunes to install
Step 7: Make sure you have updated the latest iTunes version. Connect your iOS device to the computer via a lightning cable
Step 8: Now to install the beta. For Mac, hold the Alt key, and forWindows, hold the Shift key, and click on the Restore button. iTunes will inform you to select the .IPSW file. Select iOS 10 beta 3 firmware you downloaded.
Step 9: Wait for iTunes installs iOS 10 beta on your iPhone/iPad/ iPod touch. This could take 20-25 minutes. Once installed, the device will reboot automatically and Hello screen of iOS 10 beta 3 will appear.