iPhone 7 seems not much different when comparing to its predecessor, but the more you dig, the more improvements you will see. The dual camera, dual speakers, and especially water-resistant ability made iPhone a great smartphone. However, there are changes on which you may encounter some problems when using the iPhone 7. Here are 7 main problems iPhone 7 that people are facing, and we have got some potential fixes to put the smile back on your face.
- No 3.5-millimeter headphone jack
This was a controversial decision of Apple. Many iOS users feel a horrible inconvenience when they are not able to listen to music with old headphones. Moreover, iPhone 7 headphones use Lightning port, so you cannot listen to music while charging the device like what you did before. There are some workarounds for this, but the majority is still to settle temporarily.
– Using Bluetooth wireless headset
– Use Bluetooth adapter in case you want to charge the device while listening to music
- A bug- No service after turning off Airplane mode
If you turn on Airplane mode, all services such as Wi-Fi connectivity, cellular data and the SIM card will automatically disconnect. However, after you exit this mode, iPhone 7 iPhone 7 fails to connect to your network. Apple has apparently acknowledged this issue and is working on a fix. While waiting for official instructions from Apple, you can do the following steps to fix this bug.
- First, switch to Airplane mode on and off again. You can do it in the Control Center or go to Settings -> Airplane Mode.
- Make sure you are in the service coverage area. Check it in the Settings -> General -> About and see if there’s an update next to Carrier
- Remember, if you are traveling internationally, you will need roaming, you can check it in Settings -> Cellular -> Data Roaming
- Power off your phone and then reboot.
- Try to remove the SIM card, clean up the dirt on the card, and then drop it back.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You will have to enter the Wi-Fi password after doing this.
- Strange sounds on iPhone 7
Several users have complained about the mysterious sound coming from the back of the device. It seems to be louder when the iPhone has to run multiple apps.
This issue might relate to the processor of the device. However, only a handful of iPhones get this hissing sound.
- Poor battery life
The battery life on the iPhone 7 is said to be much better than iPhone 6S, thanks to a larger battery and the higher performance of A10 Fusion chip. However, for many iOS users who still complain about the rapid battery drain. Here are some fixes to improve the battery life of iPhone 7.
- Go to Settings -> Battery, and turn Low Power Mode on stretch your battery. However, apps like Mail, Siri, or Background app refresh, automatic downloads, and some of the visual effects will be reduced or turned off completely.
- Head to Settings ->Battery and select Battery Usage to view the battery usage of apps on your device. You can consider updating, uninstalling, or replacing them.
- Unable to press the Home button to unlock
The Home button on iPhone 7 is no longer a physical button as before, instead it is a pressure-sensitive r button. Therefore, you may encounter some difficulties when using this new Home button.
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button and toggle Rest Finger to Open on.
- Lightning EarPods stop working
Many people have encountered issues with the EarPods Lightning headphone on iPhone 7. Sometimes the remote control buttons stop working and responding, which prevents you from playing, pausing, or using Siri. Apple has acknowledged this error and is working on fixes.
Try unplugging the EarPods Lightning headphone and then plug it back. This will make the control functionality work normally again.
- Unable to activate the new iPhone 7
Many people get trouble with activating their new iPhone, especially in the first days after Apple sales. If you get a message about the failure of activation server, do not worry due to the overload of Apple’s servers by too many people at one time.
- Try to switch to Wi-Fi to activate your new iPhone 7.
- Turn off and restart the device.
- Install the latest iTunes version, then plug your iPhone into the computer and do the activation using iTunes.
- If you still cannot resolve the issue, please contact the Apple genuine warranty.