Apple announced iPhone 7/ 7 Plus yesterday. It is a flagship phone with a lot of precious changes. If you are going to upgrade every year, selling your old phone to help pay for the new one can help you get part or even most. In this article, we will tell you how to sell your old iPhone to get money paying for iPhone7/7 plus.
Something you should do before you sell your old iPhone
To maximize the value of your old iPhone, there are several things you need to do.
- Unlock your iPhone : If your iPhone is locked to a specific carrier, find to have it unlocked
- Back up your iPhone: To ensure your data is safe and secure and you can easily restore it to the new iPhone when buyers get it
- Erase your personal data: It is important to wipe all your personal photos, files, messages, etc from the iPhone
- Clean up the casing
- Collect up the cables and cases
How to sell you used iPhone
There are different options to sell your iPhone. For instance, trading in or using a service is quick and easy, but the price might not be high. Selling your own will take more work but you can earn more cash. Here are some solutions for you to sell your used iPhone
Apple allows you to trade-in your old iPhone when you have intention of buying a new one or get an Apple Store gift-card at any time just by mailing your old iPhone. In the in-store program of Apple, you will have to be ready to buy your new iPhone when you come in, so you cannot make use of it in advance. However, if the mail-in program is run by Bright star, you can make use of it any time.
Swappa is a good way to get more money for your used iPhone than typical services provide, but that is more civilized than selling directly. You will need to be patience.
eBay can help you net more money for your used iPhone but it requires you to do a lot of the work and you might get some of the risk. If you have the time to invest, you can get a better return than trade-in services. You only need to make sure:
- Only ship to the buyer who has confirmed PayPal address in case you use PayPal
- The price must be competitive, especially if you are using Buy It Now as your option.
- Take beautiful photos to avoid any defects of your device
- Take at least one photo showing the on-screen so that everyone can see it works.
- Use a fast shipping service and make sure your item is the same as your description.
- Use keywords in your item description to attract more buyers.
- You need to consider insuring your item in case there are anything wrong during shipping.
- Watch out for feedback of buyers
Craigslist is the old classified advertisement. However, advantages of Craigslist are that you can sell locally, face-to-face, so you can speed up transactions. Just make note something:
- Never put your personal or home address in an advertisement
- Price should be competitive. Find existing ads of iPhone on Craigslist in your area that are the same model, capacity, and condition as yours product.
- You can include a number to call or text.
- You should meet buyers in a public place and in the daytime. You can also bring a friend with you, just in case.
- Check for email swindles. If someone offers much money to encourage you to ship them your iPhone, they are just trying to rip you off.
Above are 4 popular ways to sell your old iPhone with a high price. If you find other solutions, leave your comments in the box below.