How to transfer data from your used iPhone to new iPhone 7/7 Plus
IPhone 7 and 7Plus launches all over the world. If you are a fan of Apple, we are sure you will buy at least one for yourself. Besides, you will also need to move all your old data to your new device. Whether you are using iTunes, or iCloud and the internet, the first thing you need to do is backing up your old iPhone, then restore everything to your new one. Therefore, in this article, we will show you how to transfer data form your old iPhone to your new iPhone 7.
- Transfer your data to your new iPhone via iTunes
If you have make an encrypted backup of your old iPhone before, then you restore it to your new device, it will bring almost of your data including the password information, which can save you a lot of time to set back up.
You need a Lightning to USB cable (or 30-pin Dock to USB for iPhone 4s or earlier), and you will still have to download apps again as the App Store gives you different versions for each device, which is optimized to run best on the specific hardware.
- Make sure the latest version of iTunes has been installed on your computer.
- Plug your old iPhone into your computer
- Open iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone icon in the menu bar when it appears.
- Select Back Up Now.
- Click on Encrypt Backup and add a password.
- Skip Backup Apps as they will be re downloaded anyway
- Unplug your old iPhone when done.
- Turn off your old iPhone.
- Take your SIM card out of your old iPhone.
Wait for the backup to complete then do following steps:
- Put SIM card into your new iPhone.
- Power on your new iPhone.
- Plug your new iPhone into your computer
- Follow the directions to set up your iPhone.
- Until Apps& Data section displays, Select Restore from iTunes backup.
- On iTunes on your computer, select Restore from this backup.
- Choose your recent backup
- Enter your password if your backup is encrypted.
Depending on how much data on your old iPhone, it might take a while to complete the transfer. Keep your iPhone plugged into iTunes until the transfer is complete.
- Transfer your data to your new iPhone using iCloud
If you use iCloud to back up your iPhone, you can transfer all your data wirelessly. However, depending on your last backup, you might need to manually trigger a backup before making a transfer. That is to ensure everything is up-to-date.
- Make sure your old iPhone/iPad is connected to Wi-Fi. (If it is low on power, charge it first)
- Open Settingsfrom the Home screen.
- Tap on
- Tap on
- Tap on Back Up Now.
- When the backup is done, turn off your old iPhone.
- Drop SIM card out of your old iPhone.
Wait until the backup is complete, then follow these instructions below:
- Put your SIM card into your new iPhone 7.
- Power it on
- Slide to set up your iPhone
- In Apps& Data section, select Restore from iCloud backup.
- Sign into your iCloud account.
- Tap on Next
- Agree to the Terms and Conditionsand press on
- Choose your recent backup from the list.
- Enter your iCloud password if requested.
It might take sometimes to complete the transfer depending on how much data you have backed up. You need to keep Wi-Fi as much as possible to speed up the process.
Here are two popular ways to back up then transfer data from your old iPhone to the new iPhone 7. If you find any useful information, you can leave your comments in the box chat bellow.