It’s undeniable that with the help of the Notification Center, you will never miss any alert. But in fact, there are times the beeping and the buzzing coming with each alert definitely annoy you. Thankfully, Apple offers you the Do Not Disturb feature that allows you to make incoming calls, alerts, and notifications silent even when your iPhone/iPad is locked. In this post, we will walk you through the steps to set up and use Do Not Disturb mode on iPhone/iPad.
Also Read: Tips for using Do Not Disturb on Apple Watch
Steps to enable Do Not Disturb mode on iPhone and iPad
Step 1: Open Control Center by swiping upwards from the Home screen.
Step 2: Tap on the crescent moon icon to enable Do Not Disturb.
Steps to schedule Do Not Disturb mode for specific times on iPhone or iPad
Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2: Tap on Do Not Disturb.
Step 3: Flip the switch for Scheduled to the ON position.
Step 4: Tap on the blue times under the Scheduled switch.
Step 5: Lastly, swipe up or down to choose the From and To times that you want Do Not Disturb to be active.
Steps to customize Do Not Disturb mode settings on iPhone or iPad
Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
Step 2: Tap on Do Not Disturb, and then Allow Calls From.
Step 3: You will be presented with 4 options, including Everyone, No one, Favorites, and Specific group.
- Tap on Everyone, if you want to allow calls from everyone on your contacts list.
- Tap on No One, if you want to allow calls from no one.
- Tap on Favorites, if you want to allow calls from contacts in your Favorites list.
- Tap on Specific group, if you want to allow calls from a specific group of contacts.
Step 4: Flip the switch for Repeated Calls to the ON position. And a second call from the same person within 3 minutes will not then be silenced.
Step 5: Under the Silence section, you will have two options, including Always and Only while iPhone is locked.
- Tap on Always, if you want to silence incoming calls and notifications as always.
- Tap on Only while iPhone is locked, if you want to silence incoming calls and notifications only when your iPhone is locked.
That’s it! You are all done. Got any questions about setting up and using Do Not Disturb mode on iPhone/iPad? Drop them in the comments section below.