Once you have experienced the newest features on iOS 10.3, and the rumors about jailbreak tool for iOS 10.2.1 can make you eager to downgrade to lower iOS version. You usually think downgrading that means losing data, but we don’t say that. Today, in this post, we have something great for you, as we will instruct you how to downgrade to iOS 10.2.1 without losing data on your iDevices.
Before performing the process, you should to make note something:
- You should make a full backup of your data on iTunes or iCloud in case any unwanted issue may happen.
- The time for the downgrade will depend on the size of the ipsw file as well as the internet speed to download the file.
- You also need to turn off Find My iPhone
When you are ready, simply follow the given steps:
- Download the .ipsw of iOS 10.2.1 for your device from here (choose the compatible firmware with your device)
- Then download and install the latest iTunes version for your Mac/ Windows: here
- Plug your iOS device to the computer using a USB lightning cable, and then launch iTunes.
- Wait for a while, and your device is now ready to downgrade to iOS 10.2.1.
- Hold the Option key on the Mac or the Shift key on Windows, then click on “Update” button to starting downgrading.
Note: If you don’t hold Option or Shift key, your device will automatically be updated to the latest iOS version.
- Choose the folder that contains the iOS 10.2.1 firmware. iTunes will start installing a fresh version of iOS 10.2.1 to your device.
- Once done, unplug the cable and press the Power button to boot your device.
That’s all you have to do. Your device now runs the iOS 10.2.1, and you will see nothing change on your iOS device. Do you see it useful? Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comment below.