Finally, Apple has rolled out the official version of iOS 10.3 for users to install on their iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad 4 and iPod touch 6th-generation. Since the beta version for public testing, this final build is now ready for everyone worldwide.
The iOS 10.3 includes several new things like Find My AirPods, SiriKit, as well as adds some CarPlay tweaks, updates Maps, Safari, Calendar, Mails. Some bugs have also been fixed and slight improvement enhancement has been made to the iOS system.
Before installing iOS 10.3 on your device, it is important to remember backing up your data via iTunes or iCloud. This ensures you can always back to your old setup in case something goes wrong during or after the update.
Once you complete the backup, follow the instructions below to update to iOS 10.2 for your iDevices.
- Download and install iOS 10.3 via OTA update
The easiest way to update your device to iOS 10.3 is using OTA update method.
- From your Home screen, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Wait for your device to check for new OTA update (require a stable Wi-Fi connection)
- Once iOS 10.3 update is found, tap on Download and Install to start installing the update. Wait 25-30 minutes for your iDevice to update and install.
- Download and install iOS 10.3 using iTunes
We always recommend updating the latest iOS firmware using iTunes as it is better to ensure there is no battery drainage or performance issues. Here is how to do a clean installing iOS 10.2 on your iDevices.
- First, make sure the latest iTunes version installed on your Windows PC/ Mac.
- Then, download IPSW file of iOS 10.3 for your device from here
- Turn off Find My iPhone on your device by going to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and toggle it off.
- Plug your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer using a Lightning cable.
- Now, open iTunes and click on your device when it displays on the menu bar. (For the first time you connect your iDevice with the computer, select “Trust” on both two devices when it appears)
- Next, if you are a Mac user, hold the Alt key, for Windows users, hold the Shift key, and then click on ‘Restore iPhone…’ button. iTunes will then prompt you to select the iOS 10.3 IPSW firmware file you downloaded earlier.
Now relax and wait for iTunes installing iOS 10.3 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. This could take some 25-30 minutes depending on the speed of your computer and the your device model. Once installed, your phone will reboot automatically and you will see the Hello screen of iOS 10.3.
That’s all you have to do. Now iOS 10.3 is ready for you to experience.