As you know, Night Shift is a feature first released by Apple form iOS 9.3 on iDevices to help reduce eye strain in the long hours. Now, it is making its way to the Mac devices after the new macOS 10.12.4 update, which you can currently experience in public beta version. Here is how to manually use the Night Shift mode on Mac devices.
How to enable and disable Night Shift on your Mac
If you just want to try out Night Shift mode on your Mac for a moment and don’t want an automatic schedule, here’s how to turn it on and off.
- First, click on the Notification Center buttonat the right corner of the Menu bar, or simply swipe to the left from the right edge of your Mac’s trackpad to open it.
- Then, scroll down in Notification Center
- Finally, click on the Night Shift switchto turn it on or off to enable or disable Night Shift.
How to schedule Night Shift on your Mac
If you usually work into the night, you can set a schedule for Night Shift to automatically activate or deactivate. Here’s how you can do it.
- First, launch System Preferences from your Dock or Applications
- Next, click on the Displays preference pane.
- Select the Night Shift
- Click on the drop-down menu.
- Then, choose a schedule for Night Shift, you can set up from Sunset to Sunrise, a custom schedule, or off completely.
- Choose the duration in which Night Shift should be if you set a custom schedule.
How to change Night Shift’s color tone on your Mac
Although the Night Shift doesn’t offer so many additional preferences, there are a few options you can tweak for the better use. For instance, you can adjust how warm the colors on the screen should be as Night Shift is activated.
- Launch System Preferences from your Dock or Applications folder.
- Next, select on the Displays preference pane.
- Then, click on the Night Shift
- Next up, check the Manual box to turn on Night Shift from that moment until the next sunrise.
- Finally, move the slider back and forth to adjust the ideal warmth of your screen color during Night Shift.
These are all about using the Night Shift on the Mac. Let’s know your thoughts in the comment below.