If you a user who usually use the Facebook Messenger app on the Apple Watch, sometimes you might face the issue with loading the app. Not only you, this issue also happens to many people when attempting to launch the Facebook Messenger app on a new or reset Apple Watch. The Watch will appear a solid black screen with the loading wheel. No matter how you try launching or refreshing the app, the black screen and loading wheel do not disappear.
It might be a significant bug in the Facebook Messenger app. While the source of the issue is unknown, we have a quick fix to help your Facebook Messenger conversations load properly as before. Now we’ll show you can do it in this tutorial.
Steps to Fix Facebook Messenger Not loading on Apple Watch
- First, you need to open the Facebook Messenger app from your iPhone’s Home screen.
- Next, tap on your profile image at the top left of the Facebook Messenger app.
- Then, when prompted with the app’s Settings page, tap on the Apple Watch.
- Here, you type in manually 1-2 replies in the text fields.
- Now, tap on the blue < Me button at the top left of the Messenger app.
Once you have successfully modified your app’s custom replies, try to launch the app on your Apple Watch again. You will see everything start loading as expected this time. If it is successful, you can delete the custom replies you added in the step 4 (if you want to do it).
This guide is for the version 112.0 of the Facebook Messenger app that includes this bug. It will be fixed in the future updates, but it is better to have at least one workaround now. If you use this workaround, you won’t have to fix anything again in the future, as the app should work properly after the fix.