When your contacts list becomes more, sometimes it can be difficult to manage the phone numbers of friends, family, and co-workers. However, iOS platform allows you to sort contacts or add images to your iPhone so that you can distinguish a call from your boss or your family. Customizing the contacts is a simple way to manage your growing list of contacts stored in your phone. Here is how you can do that
How to sort Contacts on iPhone and iPad
Some people like the contacts listed by first name, others by last. You can use the Sort Order feature to change the contacts list the way you want. You just follow these steps:
- Launch Settingsfrom your iPhone/iPad’s screen.
- Tap on Contacts.
- Scroll down and tap on Sort Order
- Here, you can choose First, Lastor Last, First. It depends on the way you want contacts sorted in your Contacts list.
But one thing you should remember that Sort Order is different from Display order. Sort order will organize your list of contacts regarding to your first/last name preferences, while Display Order will decide if the contact’s first or last name displays first.
How to add a photo to a contact on iPhone and iPad
To add a photo to your favorite contact, you only do the following steps:
- Open Contacts appfrom your Home screen.
- Tap on a contactyou want to add a photo to.
- Tap on Editat the top right corner.
- Select add photoat the top left corner.
- Now, tap on Choose Photo to select from the saved images on your phone.
Note: If you choose Take Photo option, your iPhone’s camera will be opened and you can snap and use a photo to add to the contact.
- Choose an album storing the photo you want to use.
- Select the photo you want to display with your contact.
- Drag the image until you see that the photo is on the center.
- Tap on Choose.
- Tap on Doneat the top right corner to apply your changes.
From now when receiving a call or message from that contact, the image you selected will be displayed, which makes it easier to recognize and find messages from a specific contact.