Family Sharing is a great feature on iOS devices as it gives a lot of flexibility when it comes to sharing purchases. However, some people complain that there are some errors in process of updating and downloading free apps. So in this post, we’ll show you the ways to fix the download error happening with Family Sharing.
How to fix app download and update errors with Family Sharing
If you’re having issues with a particular update, you need to delete the app from your iPhone or iPad. Now sign out of your iTunes & App Store account. (You no need sign out of iCloud account)
Once done, don’t sign back again, you should follow these steps instead:
- First, launch the App Store appon your iPhone/ iPad.
- Next, Tap on Search and find the app that you’re having issues with.
- Then, tap on Getor the cloud icon, which appears if you already downloaded the app before.
- Finally, tap on Use Existing Apple ID. You’ll then be prompted to sign into your iTunes account, sign it back in.
You will see the download now start as normal without an error message.
Enable automatic app downloads
This may sound an odd fix, but enabling automatic app download can work for you. You should give it a try if the above method doesn’t work.
- First, launch Settingsfrom your Home screen.
- Then tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Next, under Automatic Downloads section, toggle the switchnext to Apps
Until Apple can update a fix for free apps on Family Sharing, you should try this method and let us know if it works for you.
Check sharing your purchases
Obviously, if you’re not sharing purchases, that must be your issue. You enable it by doing the following steps:
- First, launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Next, tap your Apple ID banner at the top of the screen.
- Select Family Sharing.
- Now, tap on your name.
- Finally, toggle the switch next to Share My Purchases
That’s done! Now the issue has been successfully fixed. Let’s know your thoughts in the comment below.