For some reasons, you want to look for a specific message through hundreds of conversation. Although you can find a search bar on top, finding a message is always easy. Besides iMessage, Facebook, also has the best search feature for Facebook Messenger. So in this post, we’ll show you the ways to search for specific conversations in iMessage, Facebook on your iPhone/ iPad.
Steps to Search Text Message or iMessage on iPhone/ iPad
It’s important to note that the search bar for iMessage only currently works with messages present, so any messages that you’ve deleted will not be included. Moreover, the search feature will take you directly to the phrase you searched for. Here’s how to look up a specific iMessage or messages on your iPhone/iPad
- First launch the Messages app.
- Then take a look at the search bar present at the top, but it will disappear after you scroll down.
- Tap on the search bar and type the phrase you want to find.
- Once you find your message, tap on it and you’ll find yourself reading that conversation.
Steps to Search Facebook Messenger Conversations on iPhone or iPad
Unlike iMessages, it’s imposssible to search for a specific message in the Facebook Messenger app for iOS. To search for a specific message you have to log in from the Safari browser or your computer. To do that:
- First, log in to Facebook Messenger on your computer.
- After that, click on Messages tab present at the left side of your screen.
- Now you’ll be taken to the Messages page. Here you can find all your previous conversations with a search bar at the top.
- Once you enter a phrase, it will automatically look for people in your conversation and simultaneously show a highlighted Search Messages
- Clicking on that box will allow Facebook to search through messages with the keywords you typed. The results will then display on the right.
- Finally, click on the specific part of the conversation you are looking for
The search bar looks for messages works with the individual and group messages, and even with the archived messages.