YouTube is an enormous video store, where you can watch any your favorite videos, TV shows. It brings hundreds of benefits for users, but there is still a minus point as it does not allow you to save your videos to your iPhone/iPad for watching later or offline. But there is now a workaround to bypass this restriction without needing to jailbreak your device. With the help of the Document 6, and the online YouTube video downloader service, downloading and saving your favorite videos from YouTube to the Camera Roll now becomes easier. So in this post, we’ll show you how you can do this.
How to Download YouTube Videos to Your iPhone
Before you can download YouTube videos to your iPhone/iPad, first you will need to copy the link of your Youtube videos. If you launch videos in Safari or any other browser, you can copy its link directly from the address bar. However, if you use YouTube app to watch videos, you need to copy its link using the Share button. Here’s how to:
- Launch the YouTube
- Open the video you want to download. Tap on the Sharebutton below the video
- Finally, choose Copy link
Once done, it’s time to move to the next steps.
Download and Save YouTube Videos to Camera Roll
- First, install the Document 6 app from the App Store.
- Once done, launch it.
- There is a built-in web browser for surfing the internet in the app. Simply tap the browser icon at the bottom right corner.
- Now, enter netinto the address bar and press Go key
- Choose YouTubefrom the list of supported sites.
- Now paste your video’s link into the search box.
- Next, click the download button. The website will then collect all the available download links.
- Now, tap on an MP4 download link, then select Download link from the menu
- The save dialogue box will now appear that lets you rename the file if you want. Next, tap the Save
- The download will now begin. Once done, go to the Downloads folder in the app
- Here, find the recently downloaded video, and then tap on the ellipsis icon below it. After that, select Move
- Tap on Camera Roll, and then choose Move to Camera Roll at the bottom.
The downloaded YouTube video is successfully moved to the Camera Roll on your iPhone/iPad. Now, you simply open the Photos app and then your favorite video is there.