WhatsApp Status now allows you to share photos and videos with all contacts in your WhatsApp for 24 hours before it automatically disappears. There are times when you want to save a particular Status, but it’s pity as WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to do this as breaks the whole rule of this feature.
Fortunately, if your iPhone has been jailbroken, you can then very easily save photos and videos from WhatsApp Status to your iPhone. All you need to do is installing a jailbreak tweak, called WA Status Save to bypass WhatsApp’s restrictions to save Statuses. The tweak works with jailbroken devices running iOS 8, iOS 9, and iOS 10.
So, in this post, we’ll show you how to download and install this jailbreak tweak, and then use it to download photos and videos from WhatsApp Status to the Camera Roll.
How to Save WhatsApp Status to iPhone Camera Roll
- Launch Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Move to Searchtab and search for WA Status Save. After that, tap on it to open.
- The tweak will cost you $1.99. Simply tap on the purchase button to install the package.
- After purchasing the tweak, tap on the Install button, and then press Confirm button to start installing the tweak on your device.
- Once you have downloaded and installed this tweak, it’s time ti save WhatsApp Status. Back to the Home screen and launch WhatsApp.
- Go to a Status, which you want to save.
- There will have a Save button at the top right corner. Tap on it to save the photo or video to your Camera Roll.
And that’s all. The desired photo or video from WhatsApp Status should now be available in your Camera Roll. Simply launch Photos app, go to the Camera Roll and here you will find your saved media. You can now share it with your friends by using other apps or use it for your different purposes.