WhatsApp is a very popular app for sending/receiving messages, sharing videos and photos and getting fun chat conversations your friends. It’s now a good alternative to the default messages app when providing more features than the messages app. There are millions of people using WhatsApp on their smartphones today. Similar to the messages app, WhatsApp will keep your messages that you sent or received from your friends. It also saves the record of the stuff that you previously shared with your contacts. However, for some reasons, you want to delete the WhatsApp chat history on iPhone. If you don’t know how to do, this post is for you.
Steps to Delete Individual Messages
You can easily clear your messages individually on your WhatsApp. Simply perform the steps below.
- Launch WhatsApp app on your iPhone and head to the conversation you want to delete messages.
- Tap and hold on the message you want to delete.
- Simply tap on Delete button, and the chosen messages will be deleted.
Note that this method also allows you to remove chat messages individually including the photos, videos, files in your conversation.
Steps to Delete Entire WhatsApp Message History
If you don’t want to delete the messages one by one, clearing the entire message history at once is a good choice for you
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap Settings button at the bottom right corner.
- Now, tap Chats
- Here there is the Delete All Chats Click on it
- Now you are prompted to enter your mobile phone number. After that, tap Delete All Chats
In case you have a few important files or messages in your WhatsApp chat history, you need to save them other places. If not, the files will be permanently removed.
Steps to Clear Entire WhatsApp Chat History
If you want to delete all the chat history from your WhatsApp, you can also do these steps.
- First, tap the Settings button and move to Chats
- Here the Clear All Chats button will appear. Click on it
- Now enter your phone number and simply tap Delete button to clear the entire chat history from WhatsApp.
You can also figure out what message you want to remove or keep. You only follow one of the methods above to delete WhatsApp chat history on your iPhone.