The bugs are becoming more popular in the recent iOS versions, and more users are facing the common issues such as the unresponsive touchscreen, camera app not working and more. The “LTE not working” error is not an exception to your iPhone/iPad. Many users have tried to solve this issues, but many troubleshoots are only a little to no effect.
If you are looking for solutions to fix the LTE not working on your iPhone, then we have compiled few simple fixes for you to resolve the problem.
How to Fix LTE Not Working On iPhone/iPad
The solutions below to fix the LTE not working issue can be followed in any order, but we still recommend you to follow it in the order. If you have tried the mentioned solutions here, just skip it and try other methods.
- Check Status of Cellular Network Connection
First of all, you should check if the connection with your carrier works normally not. Follow these steps to check it
- Launch the Settings app from your home screen.
- Tap on the Mobile (Cellular) option under the Bluetooth
- Enable the Cellular Data and then activate the LTE option. (Both slider buttons toggle to green, which means the option is already turned on).
Note: You should also switch on and off the Cellular Data for a few times. This can help in fixing the LTE not working issue on your iPhone/iPad.
- Enable/Disable Airplane Mode
Another easy way to fix the LTE not working issue in iPhone is turning on the ON Airplane Mode and then toggle it off after a few seconds. Simply launch the Settings app, tap on the Airplane Mode and toggle it on then turn it back off. You can also swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open Control Center and tap on Airplane icon to enable the Airplane mode. Wait for a moment and tap on it to turn it off.
- Remove Sim Card
Once you restart your phone and check if the issue is not solved. So you can try the following steps:
- Press and hold the Power button on your device to power it off.
- Now, use a toolkit to remove the sim card from your phone
- Insert the sim card tray into the slot back again.
- Power your iPhone and wait for a minute
Note: If it did not help you, you can remove and insert the sim card without switching off your iPhone.
- Disable Sim Pin
You might have accidentally enabled the sim PIN option on your device. Enabling it will restrict your access to LTE network. If you want to use the cellular data, you should enter the sim PIN when changing the sim card or rebooting the device. To turn the sim PIN option off, just follow the below steps
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on the Phone option and select it.
- Tap on SIM PIN and turn it off.
- Reset Network Settings
If you go through with resetting the network settings, keep in mind that doing this will reset all connections such as Wi-Fi settings, VPN settings, and other settings.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on General
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on the Reset
- Next, choose the Reset Network Settings.
If all of above fail to work, you can then try contacting your carrier and check whether everything is still correct. You should also update your device to the latest iOS version and restore your phone lastly. However, before restoring your iPhone/iPad, remember to back up your data first.
Hopefully, these methods can help you fix the LTE not working issue on your iPhone/iPad. Let us know if they help you in the comment below.