If you want to create an ebook on your iPhone/iPad, then the Apple’s Pages app is the best choice. The Page app comes with built-in tools that allow creating, sharing ebook and even letting you publish in the EPUB format to share with everyone more easily.
Creating an ebook in Pages for your iPhone/iPad is pretty simple, here’s how to create ebooks in Pages for your iOS device.
How to create a book in Pages
- Launch Pages on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on Create Documentor + located at the document manager.
- Choose one of the book templates available under Books -> Portrait or Landscape.
Apple recommends Portrait templates if it’s mostly text, while Landscape orientation is recommended for books coming with a lot of images or content formatted into columns. When exporting EPUB books in Portrait orientation, you will see the text is automatically adjusted to different screen sizes, while Landscape template layouts will be static.
Add pages to your landscape ebook in Pages on iPhone
If you are writing your ebook in the Portrait template, new pages will automatically be created as you write. However, if you create Books in the Landscape orientation, you need to add pages manually. To do so:
- Launch Pages on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on your book.
- Select the page numbers at the bottom of your screen.
- Now, tap and hold on the thumbnail of the page, which you want your new page to follow.
- Select +Add Page.
- Choose the page template that you want to use.
- Tap on Choose.
- Simply pull down on the handle, which is above the thumbnails to go back to your book.
Add pages to your landscape ebook in Pages on iPad
The above instruction is for iPhones. Adding pages is slightly different on the iPad. To do it
- Launch Pages on your iPad.
- Select your book.
- Tap on the + icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the page template that you’d like to use.
- Tap, hold or drag to select a different position.
How to share your ebook in Pages
Once you completed your book, you can easily export it in the EPUB format and then share it with your friends or other people. To do it:
- First, open your book on your iOS device.
- Tap on the …
- Choose Export
- Tap on EPUB and choose Send
- Tap on Copy to iBooks to see your ebook in iBooks.
- From the Share menu, select an app that you want to send your book to somewhere.
Above is how to create, add pages as well as share your ebook in Pages on your iPhone/iPad. If you have any trouble with creating or sharing a book in the Pages app on your device, let us know in the comments below, we’ll find out solutions for you.