Since its first introduction, the TV app has made it become one of the most useful and under-appreciated apps on the two platforms. Apple TV app for iOS and Apple TV devices is simply a media player that lets you browse contents from over sixty video services, depending on your current location. You can easily find your favorite movies and TV shows, live sports, and more. Here is how to use the TV app to gain the best benefit as well as enhance the television viewing experience.
The TV app is currently only available in limited countries, including Brazil, Mexico, the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and Australia. If you are living in one of those countries, you can use the Apple TV app, but make sure the latest iOS version installed on your iPhone/iPad. The same goes for your Apple TV. If the TV app has not yet to be available in your country, you can use a Video app instead. The TV app is supporting 4th-generation Apple TV and Apple 4K only.
Get around Apple TV app
Using the TV app is the same on iOS devices and Apple TV.
1) On your iPhone/iPad, tap on the TV icon from the Home screen.
2) On Apple TV, simply open the TV App from the Home screen by pressing the Home button on the Apple Remote. It will then appear in the main sections in the TV app, including Watch Now, Sports, Library, and Store.
We are now going to tell you how to use Watch Now feature.
You will see two main sections that are Up Next and What to Watch under Watch Now.
In Up Next section, you can easily find your favorite TV shows and movies that you’re watching on your Apple TV or iPhone/iPad. For your content showing under Up Next, the app has to support the TV app. You can go to the Apple Support site to read the latest information on compatibility.
1) Scroll back and forth to find your favorite content
2) Choose See All for a list of all of your TV programs
3) To permanently delete a series or movie, tap slowly on the content that you want to delete until there is a popup. Choose Remove from Up Next.
4) If you want to delete content on your Apple TV, simply click on the glass on your Siri Remote and then choose Remove from Up Next.
5) If you’d like to delete an episode of a series, you can choose Mark Episode as Watched from the location(s). Under View Details, you can find more information about the program.
Also read: How To Use AirPods With Apple TV
What to Watch
The What to Watch section comes with fresh content that many of you can find interesting, including TV shows and movies. The content is just from apps and services supporting the TV app. For example, if you want to see content from HBO Go or Amazon Prime, you should make sure you have installed those apps on your iOS device or Apple TV.
Besides Watch Now, you’ll also find other sections, including Sports, Library, and Store. Just download the TV app to discover more interesting contents.