If you are having the intention of subscribing to Nintendo Switch Online and your family has more than 2 members, you should consider getting into a Family Group so that you can take advantage of a $40 Family Membership plan, which allows combining with up to 8 Nintendo Accounts together.
Here’s how you can create a Family Group in order to subscribe to a Family Membership this September.
Create Nintendo Accounts for each family member
The first step you should do is making sure each family member who wants to participate in needs to have a Nintendo Account before creating a Family Group.
Once done, you can then create a family group from page online of your Nintendo Account. However, before getting started, you should ensure you know the email address for each person for adding to the group. To do it
- Visit nintendo.com and sign in if you haven’t.
- From there, click on Family Group option below your profile avatar.
- Select Add member.
- Click on Invite someone to your family group option
- Next, enter the email address of the person that you wish to add to the family group.
- Click on Submit.
- Repeat above steps for each person to add them to your Family Group.
Once done, there will be a notification that the member has not yet to be added. Only when does the person confirm your invite, you’ll see they are a member of your group.
Accept an invitation to a Family Group
Once an invitation is sent, Nintendo will then send an invitation via email. If you are using Gmail, make sure to check your Social tab.
- Click on the URL in the email or copy then paste it into any browser.
- Click Join Family Group.
- Click on OK.
Now become a part of the Family Group, which can subscribe to the annual Nintendo Switch Online family plan just for the $40 instead of the current individual $20 annual plan.
Make someone else be the Family Group Administrator
If you’ve created the Family Group, but someone else is the one that pays for the annual subscription cost, you can easily change who is the Family Group Administrator. To do so:
- Visit nintendo.com and log in your account if you have not.
- Below your profile avatar, click on Family Group
- Click on Manage Family Group.
- Choose Change Family Group Admin.
- Click on Submit in order to verify your email address.
- Enter the Verification code that Nintendo sent you through email. (Click on the social tab if you use Gmail).
- After entering the code, click on Submit.
- Click on Select this person next to the name of the person that you wish to change the administrator of the Family Group.
- Click on Confirm Change if you want to make this person become the new Family Group administrator.
There will be an email sent to the new administrator to accept the change. Once he/she clicks on the link in the email, you will no longer have administrator privileges for the Family Group.