Apple has officially released iOS 12 to all developers in WWDC 2018 event. The iOS 12 version comes with many new changes, such as ARKit 2, digital wellness promotion, more Animoji, Siri Shortcuts, Group FaceTime and many more.
Besides, Apple also released the iOS 12 beta 1 for developers, but also for those who are waiting for it. If the new beta OS does not scare you, here is a step-by-step instruction to install iOS 12 beta 1 on your iPhone or iPad.
Note that as this is the first beta software, there are still some bugs which might affect your regular usage.
Compatible Devices With iOS 12:
Here’s the list of iOS devices that are compatible with the latest iOS 12 version:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 5s
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch 2nd gen, iPad 9.7-inch, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPod Touch 6th generation
Before proceeding, you should follow things handy:
- Back up all your data through iCloud or iTunes
- An Apple developer account is required ($99 per year)
- A compatible iOS device
- Windows PC or Mac, with the latest iTunes version installed
Method 1: Install iOS 12 Developer Beta via Configuration File
If you have already signed for an Apple Developer account, you now have to register your device(s) for iOS 12 beta.
Register iOS Device For iOS 12 Beta
- First, you have to get UDID (Unique Device Identifier)of your iPhone/ iPad for registration. Connect your device to your computer via iTunes. From there, click on your device’s serial number and you will see the UDID. Just copy it to somewhere.
- Now, visit Apple’s Developers website and sign in your Apple Developer Account. Once done, head to “Certificates, IDs, and Profiles” and click on “Devices” section. Here, select the iOS device you wish to install the iOS 12 beta 1.
- Now, click on the “plus icon” and enter device details, including the name and the UDID code. Click on “Continue” button and you’re done.
Download And Install iOS 12 Developer Beta
- First, go to the download page on Apple’s Developer website and scroll down iOS 12 beta section. From there, tap on the ‘Download’ button to download the configuration file
- Once done, launch it on your device and then install the beta software. You’ll have to restart your phone to install the update and get it running.
Method 2: Install iOS 11 Beta Using IPSW File
If you are not able to get the OTA/config download, there is another option that is manually flashing the iOS 12 beta on your iPhone/ iPad. Here are some steps you should follow:
- First, navigate to the Download page on the Apple Developer website to download the iOS 12 restore images
- Once done, launch iTunes, connect your iPhone/ iPad to your computer and hold Option key (Mac) or Shift key (Windows PC), and click on “Check for Update” option in iTunes.
- Browse to the folder containing the downloaded iOS 12 beta IPSW file and it will then be flashed on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
That’s it! You have now successfully flashed iOS 12 beta 1 version on your IOS device. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.