Call relay allows you to answer and place calls using your Mac without the need of scrambling to find your phone. As the call relay uses the same phone number and carrier on your iPhone, the person on the other end will not see the difference. You will no longer lose any feature as it also shows the number of the caller, contact picture. Here is how to use it.
How to enable/disable “Call relay” on Mac
- Open FaceTimeapp from the Dock or Finder on your Mac
- Click on FaceTimein the top
- Click on the checkbox near Calls from iPhone.
If you want to disable Call Relay, repeat the same steps above and untick the box. You should keep in mind that neither the FaceTime app on your iOS device nor the app on the Mac needs to be active in order to enable your Mac for making and taking calls. There is only the preference so that you can manage the feature within FaceTime settings. After that, you can exit FaceTime on your Mac and it still works well.
How to enable call relay on iPhone
- Open Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Phone > Calls on Other Devices.
- Tap on the switch near Allow Calls on Other Devices option
- Toggle the switch next to each device that you want to allow calls.
Answer a phone call on Mac
Answering a call just requires a simple step. All you need is to click on Accept to answer the call when you see the notification popping up on the top right.
How to decline a call on Mac
- Click on Decline when there is a notification popping up on the top right. Alternatively, you can also click on the drop-down arrow and selected to be reminded of the call after every 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or an hour.
How to place a phone call on your Mac
- Launch FaceTimeapp from the Dock or Finder on your Mac.
- Next, enter a name or a phone number, where you are asked for entering a name, or number.
- Now, click on the phone button.
- Choose the number under Call using iPhone
Also read: How to trade old Mac with Apple GiveBack
How to transfer a call from Mac to iPhone mid-call
If you want to continue your call that previously started on your Mac on your iPhone, then you can easily transfer mid-call. To do so:
- First, unlock your iPhone.
- Tap on the Touch to return to call banner locating at the top of the screen.
- Next, tap on the audio button.
- Choose your iPhone.
That’s how you can make and answer phone calls on your Mac. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.