If you are planning on purchasing a new iMac Pro, you will be spending a fair chunk of your money. Spending thousands of dollars at once on a new machine might sometimes be daunting. However, if you already have an older Mac in the good working condition that you don’t bother parting ways with, then you can save some money.
Apple is currently offering a trade-in program, called Apple GiveBack for their customers who are looking to save money on the next purchase. With the release of the iMac Pro, you will be able to get as much as $1,000 for your old iMac or MacBook Pro. Here’s the whole thing you should know.
How much money can you get back?
The trade-in value will be determined by a company that Apple has partnered with, called Phobio. The company accepts all models have produced from 2009 or newer, but they need to be in good condition to be considered.
You can see a quick list of all devices that are acceptable to the program as well as the maximum amount of money that you could get for your old device.
- With Macbook, Macbook Pro, and iMac, you can get back up to a maximum of $1000
- iPad and iPad Pro can value at a maximum of $250
- An iPhone can fetch up to $290
- You can get a return of $17 with an Apple Watch
How will you receive the money?
Apple Giveback just grants you an Apple Store gift card for the upon amount when trading-in your device, which means that gift card can only be used at an Apple Store or on the online Store.
How to make a trade-in?
You can fill in all the required information at https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in, and the process just takes you a couple of minutes.
- Visit the Apple Giveback webpage.
- Select the device you want to trade-in. If you want to trade in a Mac, you’ll click on the computer.
- Select the manufacturer of your trade-in device. In this case, it’s Apple.
- Now, type in the Serial Number of the device you’d like to trade in. You can find the serial number of your device by clicking on About This Mac from Apple menu.
- Click on Verify.
- Select Yes when you are prompted to confirm the device for trading-in.
- Choose Yes or No about the condition of your device. You will see a few questions in a row, so ensure that you read all of them carefully.
- Click on Trade it in to get a gift card.
- Enter all your information.
- Once done, click Finish Up.
Also read: How To Find Great Content With Apple TV App
You will then receive a prepaid shipping label, so you can pack up your device and mail it back. When the company has received your old device and verified it’s still working well, you then claimed the Apple Store gift card, which would be sent back to you.
You can also take your device directly to an Apple Store, but you should note that this is only available in certain markets at the moment.