If you are using an Apple device, you can send messages to other iOS and MacOS devices through Apple’s own messaging system, called iMessages. The messages will be sent over Wi-Fi or cellular data network, thus one of them needs to be enabled on your device. With iOS 12, sending and receiving iMessages on iOS devices are now much simpler.
However, some users are encountering random errors with iMessages on their iPhones. Tackled in this post are solutions to deal with iMessages problems on the new iPhone XR. If are also using an iPhone and are finding solutions to iMessage that’s not working, keep reading this post to know how to fix it.
How to troubleshoot iPhone XR with iMessages problems
Before proceeding, you should make sure that the date and time on your iPhone XR are set correctly. You’d better enable automatic date and time feature, based on your time zone. In addition, make sure to disable FaceTime. If iMessages still prompts an error, you should then try these following solutions. Remember to test iMessages after attempting each method to check if the problem is already resolved. If not, try other options.
Solution 1: Close and restart Messages app on iPhone XR.
If this is the first time that the iMessages on your phone fails to work, then there is a chance it’s just a random glitch on the Messages app. To rule it out, do these steps to refresh Messages app on your iPhone XR:
- Swipe your finger up from the bottom of the screen and pause.
- Swipe right or left to scroll through apps preview until you see Messages.
- Next, swipe its preview to close the app.
- Restart your iPhone XR to clear caches.
Once your phone boots up, simply open Messages again and check if iMessages is already working.
Solution 2: Remove and reinstall your SIM card
Some users found solutions to iMessages problems just by replacing the SIM card on your phone. To check if this method gives you a positive outcome, you should reinstall the SIM card with these steps below:
- Power off your iPhone XR.
- Once done, put the SIM eject tool into the small hole on the SIM tray.
- Gently pull the tray out to eject the sim card
- Remove it from the card slot.
- Check if there are any visible signs of damage. If you see some signs of damage, you should request a new one for the replacement from your carrier. If the SIM card still looks good, put it back into the SIM tray again.
- Push the SIM tray back into your phone securely.
- Once the tray is locked, power your iPhone on again.
Now, check if the iMessages problems are already fixed. If not, move on to the next solution.
Other users that have had trouble with iMessage got permanent solutions just by replacing the SIM card. You should contact your carrier if it’s a possible option too.
Solution 3: Toggle iMessages off and then turn it back on.
To fix corrupted iMessages data, toggling iMessages off and then turning it back on is also a good solution. It’s another way to refresh iMessages services on your iPhone XR. Here’s how to get it done:
- Open Settings app from Home from the Home screen.
- Tap on Messages and toggle its switch off.
- Perform a restart on your iPhone XR.
- Return to Settings-> Messages.
- Toggle the iMessages switch back on.
Now, just create a sample message to send and receive iMessages and check if it works. If you still encounter the same error, move on to the next possible solution.
Solution 4: Disable Messages in the Cloud and turn it back on.
This method has previously helped others when fixing iMessages problems on their iOS devices. This will clear out account-related issues causing conflict with iMessages and other functions. To check if it works for you, attempt carrying out these steps below:
- Open Settings app from your Home screen.
- Choose your Apple ID
- Tap oniCloud and then scroll down to the Apps Using iCloud section
- Toggle Messages off or on.
In iOS 12, this feature will be enabled by default. If you don’t like this feature, then you can disable it.
Solution 5: Configure iPhone XR to send and receive iMessages.
The next solution you should do is to set to send and receive iMessages. If there was a failure to configure this function, it would result to iMessages problems on your iPhone. Here’s what you should do:
- Open Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap on Messages > Send & Receive.
Check the contact number and Apple ID details and make sure your phone number and Apple ID’s address are selected under You Can Receive iMessages To and Reply From. If necessary, you can update your contact information again
If there is a trouble with the merged threads, then you should adapt with it since that’s a new feature and change in iOS 12. All shared Apple ID Messages will be grouped into a single conversation thread and into a single notification. Thus, you will only be able to get to see the last notification. So, you should use a separate Apple IDs instead of sharing an Apple ID that is signed up everyone into a Family Sharing account.
If none of the prior workarounds helped, then you should think about factory resetting your iPhone XR to fix iMessages problems. However, remember to back up your data first through iCloud or iTunes since the process will erase everything on your phone internal storage. To reset your iPhone:
- Open Settings app from the Home screen
- Tap on General and scroll down to Reset
- Choose the Erase All Data & Content option
- Enter your device passcode when prompted to continue
- Tap on the popup again to confirm a factory reset
Wait until the process is completed. Once your iPhone XR boots up, set up it as new and you see the iMessages problems no longer appears.