Apple can be the leader in the field of technology. All their products are more expensive over its competitors. However, due to the popularity of their products, they are still the best seller of the year. There are several products of Apple available in the market such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, Airpods, etc. The young generation is, of course, the main target since all their products are mostly aimed at the teens. To get more sales, Apple has also provided a discount on their products for those who are students. There is an education store focusing on the education market.
If you want to get an Apple student discount, you first need to fulfill the eligibility criteria from the company. Those who are eligible for a discount if you belong to the education background. The discount offer is not just limited to teachers and students, workers and staff members of the school, and college and university can also get this offer. Furthermore, guardian or parents can receive Apple student discount as well, on behalf of their children. One has to fulfill the following criteria to get an Apple student discount:
- He/she needs to be an employee of an educational institution.
- He/she is attending a post-secondary education center that can be a public or private institution.
- He/she is the parent of a student, attending a post-secondary education institution.
If you meet all the above criteria, you can then apply for the discount. There are also refurbished Apple products in the Apple education stores and you can check out both the products on the online store.
How to use Apple student discount
Simply follow these steps to get the Apple discount yourself:
- Head to the official website. If you are purchasing an Apple product for the institution, you have to visit the Apple Store for schools or
- Register an account using your email ID and password.
- Fulfill your name, department of study, institution/university, year of study. You must have a certification of all this data. You will be asked to provide identification to prove you are a student, teacher or staff of the educational institution. You must show the original documentation, a photocopy is not
Once you are done, you can check out the list of items that you can buy from the store with a discount. It’s a great solution if you intend to purchase a MacBook or accessories. For further information, contact the Apple support center, they will instruct you all the process of getting a discount.
How much discount you can receive?
The discount is not a percentage (10%), and price tags are set by the Apple Store for educational purposes. Students will get a discount of up to 15% discount from the Education Store if you purchase Mac computers, including MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac mini. iPads also receive discounts, but it is not as big as for Mac computers. However, you can still get a decent discount. Other Apple products such as the iPhone and Apple watch do not get any discount, which is a pity.