If you usually send and receive messages on your Mac, sometimes you see your iMessage suddenly stop working. This issue occurring with iMessage is caused by a communication error between your devices. If you usually receive messages on your iPhone and then separate messages on Mac, something might go awry. But you can easily fix iMessage by syncing messages on your iPhone to Mac. Here’s how you can do this.
Steps to Prepare Syncing Messages on iPhone
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Tap on Messages.
- Select Send & Receive.
- You’ll see your Apple ID at the top. Make sure you’re using it one on Mac too.
- Checked your phone number and all the emails you use for messages, including your Apple ID email under ‘You Can Be Reached By iMessage At’ section.
- If you don’t have a strong preference to your email, select your phone number under ‘Start New Conversations From’.
How to Sync iPhone Messages with Mac
Now, you can start syncing messages on your iPhone to Mac. To do that:
- On Mac, launch the Messages app.
- If you have not logged in yet, it will prompt you to do so.
- Next, select Messages and then choose Preferences at the top menu.
- Choose Accounts.
- Then, click on your iMessage account.
- You will now see your Apple ID at the top. Make sure it’s the same as the Apple ID on your iPhone.
- Check your phone number as well as all the emails used for messages, including your Apple ID email under ‘You Can Be Reached By iMessage At’.
- Select the phone number or email that you use on your iPhone under ‘Start New Conversations From’ tab.
- For instance, you chose your phone number on iPhone, which means you’re also going to select your phone number.
That’s all about how to sync messages from your iPhone to your Mac. If you feel this post useful, let’s know in the comment below.