Multitasking was first introduced on iOS 9.3 for on iPad with three main multitasking functions: Split Screen, Slide Over, and Picture-in-Picture. So in this tutorial today, we’ll show you how to use Multitasking features on your iPad.
How to Use Slide Over on iPad
Slide Over feature allows you to open a second app on your iPad’s screen. To open Slide Over:
- First, swipe left from the right of your screen and you will see opened app on your iPad.
- Then, swipe down from the top of the Slide Over screen to switch the app is open.
You can switch between the two apps opening, but you can’t use them simultaneously as it’s the duty of Split View.
How to Use Split Screen on iPad
Split Screen can be seen an extension of Slide Over. To enable Split Screen:
- First, swipe left from the right of the screen like opening Slide Over.
- Then continue your swipe, and drag the edge of the Slide Over screen to the middle to open Split View
- Next, slide down from the top of the right screen to change the opening app.
- Finally, to close one of the apps, slide the center over until the app you want to close disappears.
The benefit of Split View is that you can use both open apps simultaneously for true multitasking. However, this feature just supports for some apps, including Mail, Notes, Calendar, Safari, and Photos.
How to Use Split View in Safari
If your device is running iOS 10, you can use Split View in Safari to view two tabs individually. To use the feature:
- First, launch Safari in landscape mode and tap + icon to open a new tab.
- Then, enter a URL and tap on Enter.
- Now drag the tab to the upper right corner of the screen.
You should now see two tabs side by side! To return to your normal view, you can close the second tab, or drag and drop it on the tab bar on the left.
Also read: Know How to Change Wallpaper on iPhone/ iPad
How to Use Picture-in-Picture
Picture-in-Picture feature allows you to watch a video or talk on FaceTime while working in other apps. To enable Picture-in-Picture:
- First, save a video in Safari and search a new icon that looks like two overlapping squares.
- Next, tap on it to scale the video down and put it in the corner of the app. You can also make it larger or smaller just by pinching two your fingers.
- Then, the video will appear three buttons: Pause, Return, and Exit. Select one of the options if you don’t watch anymore.
That’s all about Multitasking on iPad. Hope it useful for you. Let’s know your thoughts in the comment below.