After the first MacOS High Sierra beta, Apple today continued to release the next MacOS High Sierra second beta to public. The public beta is now available in the Mac App Store for devices that have already signed in the developer program. The update brings the bug fixes as well as help developers complete their apps so that they can work more perfectly before the final MacOS High Sierra version is rolled out in the fall. If you are a public tester and feel interested with this new version, we will share with you to how to download and install MacOS High Sierra second public beta on your Mac.
Before starting the process, make sure that you have made a full backup of your Mac, as the process will delete all your important data. Here is how you can do this:
- First, plug your external hard disk or Time Capsule using a USB cable
- Next, click the Apple icon at the Menu Bar and in the drop-down menu, choose System Preferences.
- After the System Preferences window opens, choose Time Machine
- Toggle the “Time Machine” on and choose your disk for the backup by clicking Select Backup Disk. The Time Machine will then format the chosen hard disk to back up your data.
Steps To Download & Install MacOS High Sierra Public Beta 2
Once the backup process is complete, it’s time to download and install MacOS High Sierra public beta 2 on your Mac. To do this:
- First, launch Safari bowser on your Mac and visit https://developer.apple.com/
- Now point to the Developer tab, and then choose Downloads tab
- Next, log in with your developer account
- After that, scroll down and look for the MacOS High Sierra, click on the Download button to launch the App Store
- Here, type in your developer account username and password again and click Redeem to start downloading the second public beta version to your Mac
- Once done, follow the on-screen instructions to install the update. When the process finished, your Mac will automatically boot and you can set up your device.
Also read: How To Create A Partition On Your Mac
That’s all about installing Mac High Sierra OS on your supported Mac! Your Mac is now running on MacOS High Sierra Public beta 2. The software update keeps its long tradition of improving or evolving. Feel free to let’s know about your experience with MacOS High Sierra in the comments section below.