Apple has launched the duo iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus for a couple of months. It is no surprise that during the daily use, the smartphones will have sluggish due to several reasons such as software crashes, apps crashing, etc. All of them can slow down your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. So, here are simple tips and tricks to speed up your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
Methods To Speed Up The iPhone 8
Restart iPhone 8/ 8 Plus
Sometimes, restarting your phone can fix a few small software errors and glitches on your device. After the restart, you may find your phone working well.
Clear Website Data And History
If you clear the cookies, history and browsing data, your iPhone 8/ 8 Plus will work faster. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Safari and choose Clear History and Website Data. Confirm your choice by tapping on Clear History and Data.
You should also clear the browsing history of other browsers on your device
Close Apps Not Using At The Moment
If you don’t close the apps, they will keep running in the background. Apps running in the background will send and receive data and use data 7 battery of your phone.
If there are several apps running together in the background, your phone will run out of RAM memory and get slow. This will also drain the battery quickly. Here are steps to close the unused apps on your iPhone
- Double-tap on the Home button to open App Switcher, which display all the running apps
- Swipe up to close your desired apps
- If the apps disappear on the App Switcher, that means they have been closed.
You should also check for crashed apps to speed up your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus by going to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data >LatestCrash
Here you can check for a crashed app so as to determine which the crashed app is. Reboot your iPhone to fix the crashed issues and speed up your iPhone 8/ 8 Plus.
Ensure Your Phone Is Up To Date
The updates usually come with the bug fixes, so if your device is running on an outdated version, it might show the performance issues. Updating your iPhone will help speed up the iPhone 8/ 8 Plus. There are two common ways to update the software for your iPhone 8:
Update iPhone 8 Through iTunes
- Plug your iPhone into a computer with the help of USB cable
- Install iTunes software and launch the app.
- Tap on your Phone button icon in the upper left-hand corner of iTunes screen.
- Click on Check for Update section
- If you see an update available, click on it to download and install on your device
Update From Settings App
- Go to Settings > General
- Tap on Software Update
- If there is an update available, you can click on Install Now to initiate the process.
Reset Settings On Your iPhone
Resetting your iPhone might be the last resort to speed up your iPhone 8/ 8 Plus. Fortunately, the process will not erase your personal data on the phone, it only resets all the customized settings to the factory defaults, including Wi-Fi passwords, background images, ringtones, etc. Here is how you can do it:
- Launch Settings > General
- Tap on Reset and choose Reset All Settings
- If you set a passcode, you will be prompted for the passcode
- Now, tap on Reset All Settings
Your screen will appear a progress bar and once the process is completed, your iPhone will automatically boot up.
These are some simple tips and tricks to speed up your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. If you know other tips, let’s know in the comment below.