Surprisingly, the Electra team released Chimera tool, a new iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 jailbreak for the latest A12 iOS devices including the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, 2018 iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPhone XR. Chimera has been created from the ground up and has Sileo as the default package manager.
Compared to Unc0ver, Chimera is much more stable and less buggy e. The app itself also comes with a modern UI, unlike the simple Unc0ver UI. One of the biggest highlights of Chimera is its CoreTrust, which now supports A12-A12X Bionic devices like the iPhone XS and 2018 iPad Pro.
If you are Interested in jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2, read on this post to jailbreak your device using Chimera tool.
Here is the list of the following devices that are supported by Chimera
- iPhone 5s/ SE
- iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS/XS Max/XR
- 2018 iPad Pro
- iPad Air
- 6th gen iPad
- First, you should make sure there is no iOS 12 OTA file downloaded on your iPhone or iPad. You can check and delete it from Settings -> Storage. After that, reboot your iPhone/iPad before trying to jailbreak it
- Next, stop iOS 12 OTA updates from being downloaded on your phone by installing the tvOS 12 beta profile on it
- Remember to create a backup of your data in case something goes wrong.
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/iPad Pro Using Chimera
Step 1: Download Chimera App
- First, visit ignition.fun on the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 version.
- Search for Chimera from the Search bar.
- Tap the Get button to download and install the app on your iPhone or iPad. Depending on the speed of the internet connection, the process can take a while, so be patient.
Step 2: Trust Certificate on your device
Once you download the app, do not open it yet. Instead, head to Settings-> General -> Device Management.
From there, tap on the developer name and trust the certificate. Without doing so, you cannot open the Chimera jailbreak app on your iPhone/iPad.
Step 3: Jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 With Chimera
- Now launch Chimera app, and tap on the Jailbreak button
- Wait for the app to do its job. Your device will respring during the process and after your iPhone/iPad is jailbroken.
- You can confirm whether or not your device has been jailbroken by opening the Chimera app and the Sileo app will show up on the home screen.
Many iPhone users have reported problems with Chimera when it was not working in the first try. In this case, you should try restarting your iPhone, turn off Find my iPhone, and enable Airplane mode before using the Chimera app to jailbreak your device again.
Got any question? Let’s know in the comment below.